How to Set up the Plugin? #
2.2.1 Access Conversios from the sidebar by landing on the admin panel and clicking the plugin Settings button.
2.2.2 Now let’s connect Conversios with your website
- Click on “Get Started”
- You must click “Sign in with Google” to link your Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Merchant Center accounts and other pixels.
- You will see a pop-up window similar to the one below; be sure to sign in using a Google account that has admin access to Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts.
- Click “Allow” to obtain the GA property ids and other information required to use the plugin’s functionality.
2.2.5 Select your Analytics tracking Mechanism as Google Tag Manager
You have the option of using your own GTM container (only in PRO) or the default one, GTM-K7X94DG.
Refer to the documentation (screenshot) provided at the time of onboarding to set up your tracking system using your own Google Tag Manager. (Only if you are using the plugin’s premium version this be accessible).
Recommended: We recommend using Google Tag Manager for speed and 95% accuracy.
Now let’s Connect your Google Analytics account and choose the website tagging method you want to use:
For the plugin to function, at least one of the following must be chosen.
- You can click on Universal Analytics – if you want to tag your website for Google Analytics v3 (Universal Analytics)
- You can click on Google Analytics 4 – if you want to tag your website for Google Analytics v4 (GA4)
- You can click on Both – if you want to tag your website for both GoogleAnalytics v3 (Universal Analytics) and Google Analytics v4 (GA4)
Important Note: Google recommends that you collect all the data in both the Google Analytics accounts, monitor it for a few weeks and migrate to GA4 when you think the data collection in GA4 is accurate.
2.2.6 Connect Google Ads account: Configure the Google Ads id for automating remarketing tags, and dynamic remarketing tags and auto-link it with Google Analytics.
You can select existing Google ads to account from the dropdown as shown in the below screenshot or create a new google ads account by clicking on the button “Create new” and follow the instructions.
Advance Settings: With Dynamic Remarketing tags, you will be able to show ads to your past visitors with specific product information tailored to your customer’s previous site visits.
Important note: If you aren’t using your current Google Ads account frequently and it doesn’t include any essential information, we advise starting a new one. Based on your country, a spend match coupon will be automatically credited to your newly created Google Ads account if you open a new Google Ads account with us.
2.2.7 Integrate your Pixels
You can use the plugin to add all the necessary pixels as seen in the screenshot
2.2.7 Integrate your Google Merchant account: Set up the Google Merchant Center account to sync products. If connecting to the merchant centre is not required, you can skip this step.
If you choose to create a new merchant centre account, you will be prompted to enter your store name and whether your site contains adult content, as shown below and Click on “Create Account”.
Finally, click on “Save & Finish” in the pop-screen that follows.