Install & Activate #
You can download the plugin directly from WordPress or Conversios. Once you’ve downloaded the plugin, install and activate it in your WordPress backend and follow the below steps to set up the plugin.
Access Conversios from the sidebar by landing on the admin panel and clicking the plugin Settings button.
Pixel & Analytics #
The Pixel and Analytics tab in the plugin allows seamless integration of GTM, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and all relevant pixels and Merchant Center accounts for comprehensive data tracking and analysis.
Google Tag Manager #
- As the integration of GTM is mandatory, you will need to choose the Google Tag Manager Account
- Being a free user you will be able to choose only the Conversios GTM container – GTM-K7X94DG.
- Our Conversion GTM (Google Tag Manager) has predefined tags and triggers, which make it easy to track your analytics data without any hassle. You can use your own GTM container (only in the PRO version)
- Being a pro user you will be able to use your own GTM account just by adding your GTM account and you can also import our conversios GTM container to your own GTM which will allow you to easily track your analytics data hassle-free with pre-defined tags and triggers.
Refer to the documentation (screenshot) provided at the time of onboarding to set up your tracking system using your own Google Tag Manager. (Only if you are using the plugin’s premium version this be accessible).
- The Pixel Settings will be greyed out until you integrate your Google Tag Manager as showcased in the screenshot below.
- Once your GTM is integrated successfully, all the Pixels will be enabled and you will be able to add and integrate the desired accounts according to your preferences as mentioned in the screenshot below.
In order to integrate the desired Pixel Account, click on the right arrow key against the Pixel, as mentioned in the screenshot above.
Google Analytics Integration #
Now let’s Connect your Google Analytics account.
For the plugin to function, at least one of the following must be chosen.
- You can select Universal Analytics – if you want to tag your website for Google Analytics 3 (Universal Analytics)
- You can select Google Analytics 4 – if you want to tag your website for Google Analytics 4 (Measurement id)
- You can also choose both if you would like to integrate Google Analytics 3 along with Google Analytics 4.
- To enable your Google Analytics account, click on the arrow next to the respective Pixel and authorize the Account with desired G-mail Account.
- You will see a pop-up window similar to the one below; be sure to sign in using a Google account that has admin access to Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts.
- Click “Allow” to obtain the GA property ids and other information required to use the plugin’s functionality.
- Once you have enabled all the required permissions and signed in with your Google account, you will be able to see your Google Analytics Account and Property Id as mentioned in the screenshot below.
Once you have updated the required fields, click on ‘Save’ in the upper right corner.
Important Note: Google recommends that you collect all the data in both the Google Analytics accounts, monitor it for a few weeks, and migrate to GA4 when you think the data collection in GA4 is accurate.
Google Ads Integration #
Connect Google Ads account: Configure the Google Ads id for automating remarketing tags, and dynamic remarketing tags and auto-link it with Google Analytics.
You can select existing Google ads to account from the dropdown as shown in the below screenshot or create a new Google ads account by clicking on the button “Create new” and following the instructions.
Advance Settings: With Dynamic Remarketing tags, you will be able to show ads to your past visitors with specific product information tailored to your customer’s previous site visits. You will be able to access the Advanced Settings in the area highlighted in the screenshot above.
Important note: If you aren’t using your current Google Ads account frequently and it doesn’t include any essential information, we advise starting a new one. Based on your country, a spend match coupon will be automatically credited to your newly created Google Ads account if you open a new Google Ads account with us.
Pixel Integration #
You can integrate the other Pixel Accounts, under Google Ads as highlighted in the screenshot below.
Advanced Options #
Event Tracking – Custom Integration
This is a new feature that allows you to tailor Google Analytics Event tracking for usage with WooCommerce stores.
This is mostly utilized in Woocommerce stores that have added custom hooks, deviating from the guidelines for normal Woocommerce hooks.
There are two options available here:
- Product data collection method
- Event selector
Product data collection method:
Under the product data collection method, you can select separate hooks for the Product list, Product detail page, Checkout page, and Order confirmation page.
Based on your Woocommerce customized implementation in your store you can enable your custom hooks from the above to enable google analytics tracking for that specific event.
This helps in collecting the Woocommerce product data like product id, product name, product price, and all other product data which are used for eCommerce events tracking according to WooCommerce pages.
When product impressions, clicks or add-to-cart google analytics eCommerce events are not working on your store, you can select the hook based on your implementation.
This setting provides us with the options of different WooCommerce hooks according to the WooCommerce templates.
This applies to the Product detail page, Checkout page, and Order confirmation page too.
Please find the woo-commerce default product list templates in which the hooks are present
When to use Conversios Hook?
Stores that don’t use any Woocommerce standard hooks can opt for Conversios hooks as shown in the below screenshots.
All you need to do is add the mentioned conversios hook to your WooCommerce template file. (You can check with your developer for more details /ping us at [email protected] if you are facing any difficulty changing it)
Please find the screenshot of the Conversios hook for the product list, product detail, checkout page, and Order confirmation page.
Product Detail Page :
Check Out Page :
Order Confirmation Page :
Google Merchant Center Integration #
Set up the Google Merchant Center account to sync products. You can skip this step if connecting to the merchant centre is not required.
To integrate your Google Merchant account, Click on Product Feed and then on Configuration
When you click on the configuration, you’ll be redirected to the page mentioned below screenshot.
If you choose to create a new merchant centre account, you will be prompted to enter your store name and whether your site contains adult content, as shown below, and click on “Create Account” and save the settings.