Ecommerce businesses need to know how their customers are using their websites in order to improve the user experience and increase sales. Web analytics tools can help you track your users’ journey, from the moment they land on your website to the moment they make a purchase.
Why Web Analytics Tools?
With web analytics tool, you can see:
- Which pages are most popular
- How long do users spend on each page
- Where users are coming from
- What devices they are using
- What actions they are taking
This information can help you make informed decisions about your website design, marketing campaigns, and product offerings.
For example, if you see that a particular page is not getting a lot of traffic, you may want to consider redesigning it or moving it to a more prominent location on your website. If you see that users are spending a lot of time on a particular page, you may want to consider adding more content or features to that page.
If you are not already using website analytics for your ecommerce business, I encourage you to start today. It is a valuable tool that can help you improve your website and increase your sales.
But which one to choose? Just ask yourself these 3 simple questions and you’ll get the best tool for your Ecommerce business.
- Does the tool provide the data you require?- The most important aspect to consider when looking for a trustworthy web analytics tool is data insights. For example, if you want to learn about your users’ behavior, you don’t need a tool that displays UI analytics.
- Is the tool equipped with all of the features that are necessary for your store? You must decide what features you want and what metrics you want to measure from your website. If you understand this, you can select the best web analytics tool for your business.
- Does the tool fit inside your budget or not? You will have a question- how to choose a tool then? Simple. Don’t overlook the features and pricing. If you got a tool for $49 but it doesn’t have the features that you want then it’s a wise choice to move to another tool.
Let’s start from the ground so we can jump onto the sky really quickly.
What are Web Analytics Tools?
Web analytics tools are used for tracking and analyzing website traffic and user behavior data. It analyzes metrics such as Page views, CTR (click-through rates), bounce rate, conversion rates, user engagement, and many more. Web analytics tools assist Ecommerce businesses in better understanding their target audience and their behavior on their website.
You can use Website analytics tools to analyze:
- Traffic on your website
- Effectiveness of your Call-to-actions
- User behavior on your website
In short, every business that has an online presence and wants to increase conversions by keeping an eye on data- Web analytics tools are must.
Types of Web Analytics tools
There are plenty of web analytics tools available. But we’ve filtered a few types that help an Ecommerce business.
- Content Analytics: These website analytics tools help businesses to understand how users engage with their website content such as blogs, articles, videos, etc.
- Behavioral Analytics: These web analytics tools track how users behave on your website. You can have an idea about what actions they are taking, what pages they are navigating, how long they stay on your website and many more.
- Product Analytics: These tools can provide insights into which products are most popular , how users interact with different product features and how your product is performing.
- A/B testing Analytics: A/B testing tools allow businesses to test different variations of their website, such as different designs or copy, to see which performs better with users.
- UI/UX Analytics: These web analytics tools focus specifically on user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, tracking how users interact with different elements on a website, such as buttons.
Now move forward to the most interesting topic. The topic you are waiting for you.
Top 8 Web Analytics Tools to look into in 2023
It all boils down to the point on which web analytics tool to choose. No worries, we’ve curated the top 8 web analytics tools that actually help your Ecommerce business to grow.
Conversios is a powerful tool that provides Google Analytics integration, marketing pixel integration and product feed manager features for WooCommerce stores.
For owners who like the Google Analytics approach but are unable to analyze the data, should opt for Conversios tool. It provides Google Analytics data in an easy-to-understand format by maintaining the data accuracy.
This tool saves a lot of your time by providing integration of marketing pixels, Google Ads, enhanced conversion tracking & many other useful actions in just a few steps. Icing on the cake is, you don’t require any technical expertise to install and integrate Conversios with a website ( It’s a no-code tool).
Let’s have a look at the three Conversios use cases.
#1 Understand your user behavior without Coding
With Conversios, you can track Google Analytics 4 (GA4) events on the dashboard inside WordPress itself. You don’t need to change the tab to analyze your Google Analytics data.
Conversios makes it easier for you to understand and analyze the metrics that are important for your business. You can get an overview of metrics such as revenue, total transactions, avg. order value, added to cart, sessions, total users, new users, product view, etc.
Conversion funnel reports help you understand at which page of your funnel gets the maximum drop offs.
Tip: Find the page or stage where your funnel gets drop offs, optimize the page & see the conversions increasing.
There are few other reports such as product performance report, source/medium performance report, campaign performance reports, etc.
If you have your store built on Woocommerce, we have done research and gathered 7 Best Google Analytics Plugin For Woocommerce. Check it out now.
#2 Enhance your tracking with Marketing Pixel Integration
Conversios allows you to use your own GTM container. If you don’t have your own GTM, you can use the default GTM container as well. With Conversios, you can have access to all 70 pre-built tags, triggers & variables.
Once you set up the GTM, you can integrate marketing pixels such as Meta Pixel, Microsoft Ads Pixel, Twitter Pixel, Pinterest Pixel, Snap Pixel, TikTok Pixel, etc.
You can also enable Google Ads enhanced conversion tracking. Just choose the conversion label for the account you want to track.
#3 Sync your product with Google Merchant Center
Conversios tool make it easy for you to sync your products to the Google Merchant Center. You just need to enter your Google Merchant Center ID & in a few clicks you can sync new products. There’s no limit of syncing products to the Google Merchant Center. It also comes up with the batch-wise product sync compatible with 100,000+ products.
You can verify your site and claim your domain from the tool itself.
Few other features such as products synced with GMC, real-time approval status with reasoning, schedule the sync & refresh your product syncing details. It helps you manage product feed. Now you can run PMax campaigns to showcase your products to a wide range of audiences.
Ease your Ecommerce journey, install the Conversios Today!
2. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is one of the most popular google web analytics tools. It helps you track and analyze how your audience interacts with your website.
Google Analytics offers a range of reports and metrics, including audience demographics, acquisition channels, user behavior, conversion tracking, etc. Google Analytics lets you integrate with other Google tools, such as Ads and Search Console. This feature makes it a powerful tool to optimize your marketing efforts.
Overall, Google Analytics is a must-have tool for any business looking to optimize its online presence and drive results.
There are few pros and cons associated with Google Analytics, let’s quickly look into it.
- Track and analyze in-detail user insights
- Track content and product performance
- Enable Ecommerce tracking
- Check demographics detail of the website visitors
- Identify the source of your traffic
- The tool is not GDPR compliant
- Constant update can disturb your web analytics tool experience
- Few metrics and report are tough to understand for beginners
Google’s popularity, comprehensive feature set, and integration capabilities make Google Analytics a top web analytics tool in 2023 and beyond.
Matomo is an open-source web analytics tool that has gained popularity in recent years. You can see from where the traffic is coming, what keyword brings the most of your traffic, and what action the user takes on your website.
Matomo is more focused on customers’ privacy as they built the tool with the intent to replace Google Analytics. You can check the heatmap of the specific page to identify how the user’s mouse hovers, etc.
With Matomo, you can set up goals and funnels to track your user activities more precisely. Unlike many other web analytics tools, Matomo can be self-hosted, giving businesses complete control over their data.
Still there are few scope of improvement in Matomo such as complex UI & previous events deleting issues. The user interface is really difficult for beginners to understand. Events that you previously tracked might not be deleted and create a complete mess.
For companies who like Google’s overall analytics approach but who are concerned about privacy, data ownership, and user trust- Matomo is a good option.
4. Conversios: Google Analytics 4 & Marketing Pixel
If you are looking for the reliable web analytics tool for Magento 2 store- Conversios extension is second to none.
Conversios Google Analytics 4 & Marketing Pixel is a web analytics tool designed for Magento 2 stores. Conversios tool made a huge impact by automating the tracking of Ecommerce events with GTM-based implementation.
With conversios tool, you can integrate 6 marketing pixels, Google Analytics 4, Google Ads with your website in just few minutes. Yes, it also comes with a dual tracking feature. You can track the events of Google Analytics 4 (GA4) using conversios extension for Magento 2.
Let’s take a look at some outstanding features of Conversios tool for Magento:
- Easy integration of Google Analytics 4 & Marketing pixels
- GTM based implementation for faster page load speed
- Google Ads enhanced Ecommerce conversion tracking
- Use your own GTM with control over pre-built 70 tags, triggers and variables
- Powerful Ecommerce data layer automation compatible with Magento 2
This extension for Magento also helps you in building dynamic audiences and track ROAS performance in Google Ads. Hence, Google Analytics 4 & marketing pixels tool can be a top choice for businesses looking to gain deeper insights into their website performance and optimize user behavior tracking using marketing pixels.
Hotjar is a web analytics tool that is specially designed for session recording and heatmaps. The heatmap feature of this tool earned praise around the world, that’s why it makes the list of top 8 web analytics to use in 2023.
Hotjar complements the data and insights you get from traditional product and web analytics tools such as Google Analytics. It gives you a basic idea of all the important metrics about what is happening to your website and how to optimize it.
Few excellent features of Hotjar:
- Help you some content about why people behave the way they do
- Clear data of user behavior that too with multi-device support
- Enhance reporting with replays and data segmentation features
- Check content and CTA effectiveness
With features like feedback widget and survey, Hotjar can be a decent option as a Web Analytics tool. Check out the Hotjar now!
A web analytics tool called Woopra offers real-time analytics and tracking of the customer’s journey. Behavioral analytics, cohort analysis, and funnel analysis are some of its aspects. Woopra integrates with numerous marketing and customer support tools to personalize website experiences based on customer data.
Businesses can boost customer engagement and retention by utilizing Woopra’s insights.
Let’s look into some of the advantages of using Woopra as a web analytics tool for your business.
- Real-time analytics provide immediate insights into customer behavior
- The tool integrates with numerous marketing and customer support tools
- Personalization based on customer data improves engagement and retention
Still there are few points where Woopra can improve such as higher pricing & difficulty for the beginners.
This might be a useful web analytics tool for you if you want to track real customer journeys at the individual level, which can be very beneficial for product development and sales teams.
Mixpanel is an advanced analytics tool that tracks user activity and behavior on a variety of platforms and devices. The tool’s best feature is that it offers real-time data. With this feature, you can track the behavior of your visitors and adjust your website as required.
- For easier visualization, you can quickly separate your data.
- You can enlarge user profiles to see who they are.
- You can compare several user groups.
- You can see how people browse websites and products
- You can track and boost website conversion rates.
- It provides easy to build a Dashboard.
It is a better option for small businesses due to its mobile and web analytics features. Additionally, a free plan is offered for small businesses. In other words, utilize Mixpanel if your business is just getting started and you want to track user behavior without investing a lot of money.
Smartlook is yet another top-notch web analytics tool for tracking and analyzing user behavior throughout sessions. It’s amazing to be able to see exactly where people are looking and what they’re doing with their mouse.
Smartlook provides heatmaps in addition to session recording and event monitoring to view all user behaviors. This is a thorough examination of your client journey.
Here are the few best use cases of the Smartlook tool.
- Easy integration with Shopify
- Real-time reporting
- Analyze checkout funnel
- Check lifetime value by category
Web analytics tools have become essential for businesses of all sizes, enabling them to track user behavior, analyze data, and make informed decisions. With the increasing reliance on digital marketing and e-commerce, web analytics tools have become more important than ever.
We hope you will find the web analytics tool you want from the above list. Whether you’re a small business owner or part of a large enterprise, there’s a tool out there that can help you achieve your goals.
We’ve curated the best one, but our special recommendation is “Conversios”. It not only manages your web analytics requirements, but also helpful in tracking user behavior & optimize your marketing efforts.
So, you have read the article– here’s a reward for you!
Thanks for reading!